The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos is seeking a Java Developer in Bethesda, MD to support an NIH/NHLBI contract. Leidos supports NHLBI with custom application web development to assist with the NHLBI’s Grants application review business processes.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Java developer position include but not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with business analysts, other developers, and test engineers on the Agile Scrum team to produce high quality software that delivers business value and follows established design patterns and processes
- Independently develop, code, modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Develop or Update architecture documentation as applications evolve
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years JAVA experience.
- Experience in full software lifecycle development with Java/JEE, Java Script, REST/JAX/Soap Web Services, Weblogic, Spring Framework, Oracle 12c, PL/SQL, Maven, HTML5, Log4j, Junit, and Unix/Linux experience.
- Experience with conforming to coding standards and continuous integration
- Experience in parallel development environment managing overlapping efforts impacting same application function
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask
- Experience with Bitbucket/Git, JIRA
- Experience with Agile Scrum development methodology
- Understanding of Microservices and rule engine processing
- Experience in developing applications using Angular/Java technology stack
- Experience with developing detailed designs, optimizing code for performance and reliability
Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.