Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Engineer at Scott AFB, IL.
The Network Operations Engineer will support the GSM-O program with provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
- Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment.
- Assist in the planning and performing of analytical research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering and customer specifications.
- Perform various complex software development tasks.
- Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
- Mitigate risks, control costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
- Perform a variety of analytical tasks which include the hardware and software design and implementation utilizing various facility equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 2 years of overall related experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, OSPF, and/or Static routing.
- Performed troubleshooting and fault resolution of voice, video, and data circuits.
- Knowledge of local area network technologies and layer 2 network topologies.
- Experience with either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco routers and knowledge of optical transport technologies.
- Experience with ports and protocols.
- Currently possess an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Currently possess CCNA certification.
- Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design.
- Experience with Cisco IOS codes.
- Security certification and/or knowledge of DDoS and other attack vectors experienced in today' networks.
- Crypto configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- Layer 2/3 VPN and Firewall knowledge and experience.
- Physical cable plant and wiring experience.
- Certifications with major network system vendors such as Cisco are a strong plus.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Extensive network integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.