Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly- and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We are seeking a Civil Designer who will be involved with electric utility distribution infrastructure projects to join our team in St. Louis, MO. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and drafting technicians. The candidate will support the team in developing proposals including scope, schedule and budget. The candidate will develop construction packages for the underground electric distribution system using various software systems and following client construction standards. Project work will mainly include complex underground electric manhole and duct bank work packages which will be developed using survey data, AutoCAD Civil 3D, cable pulling calculation software and other client software. The construction package will include plan and profile drawings along with construction notes and details. Assignments may include preparing permit application sketches, development of a BOM and estimating construction costs. Work assignments may include traveling by car to various project locations throughout the area to conduct field investigations.
- Design cable/conduit projects in dense urban environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications
- Development of plan and profile construction prints along with notes and details
- Field engineering of project requirements
- Identification of conflicting utilities from data from the underground survey
- Engineering and design calculations
- Work permit development
- Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians.
- Perform QA/QC reviews on other team member’s designs
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or an Associates Science degree in engineering technology or design. May consider different degree with equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in utility distribution design work package development including, but not limited to overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit design work packages.
- Must have experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Team player with ability to communicate with clients and staff
- Electric utility plan and profile experience is preferred
- Experience in utility distribution construction and/or construction supervision is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.