The Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operation is seeking a full-time Communication Specialist in San Diego, CA. This position will be responsible for providing healthcare support services to the Naval Center for Combat & Operational Stress Control (NCCOSC), which is a Government contract. NCCOSC optimizes force psychological readiness through development, aggregation, analysis and dissemination of best practices and innovations in primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of psychological illness and injury.
The Communication Specialist will perform the following:
- Reports to the Site Manager and is a subject matter expert who performs technical support, and project coordination duties and their potential impact on the higher level organizational strategic vision.
- Must have strong communications skills. Review content, editing input from other departments to ensure that the necessary documentation is created, edited, reviewed, assembled, approved and updated.
- Primary interface with Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) Public Affairs Office (PAO) staff for vetting NCCOSC products for Presentation, Posters, manuscripts, etc. This requires maintaining a database for all submissions sent to BUMED for approval for tracking purposes.
- Responsible for the planning, development, execution and on-site logistics of the center’s Psychological health summit, off-sites, and other events as required.
- Organize and maintain project tracking databases and spreadsheets for various programs.
- Create and design graphics for various projects. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, and/or other database, web and presentation applications, etc.
- Familiarity with psychological health, military and medical terminology.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or equivalent with 4 yrs. experience, 5+ years related work experience within Military Medicine may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have strong communications skills. Expertise with reviewing content, editing input from all departments and key messages for Director and Deputy Director according to Associated Press (AP) style guide.
- Minimum of 2 years prior military experience or significant experience working with the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) or Military Health System (MHS) is required.
- Intermediate graphic design proficiency. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign preferred.
- Must have be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be U.S Citizen
Program management experience preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.