Leidos Corporate Group is looking for an IT Support Technician to perform both on-site and remote desktop support in the Leidos corporate environment. This is an on-site position based in Columbia - MD.
The onsite support responsibilities will perform both local, hands-on support as well as remote support and will occasionally be responsible for hands-on support for other IT teams for installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of infrastructure equipment (servers, routers, switches, etc. at the assigned location(s). The remote support responsibilities will support end users across smaller, remote Leidos locations, home users, and users at Leidos customer locations and will coordinate remote repair and/or depot support as required.
- Support and maintain Windows 10 desktop environment
- Configuration and support of printers in a Windows network environment
- Support and troubleshooting of common desktop applications to include, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, McAfee hard drive encryption, Antivirus and Host Intrusion Prevention, eID and Smart Card middleware and hardware, Endpoint backup software, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Lync/Lync EV
- Perform remote desktop support utilizing remote assist applications (Lync, Bomgar, etc.)
- Document & follow processes, procedures, knowledge articles related to support environment
- Perform server & network equipment installation (rack & stack) and basic troubleshooting and maintain site documentation.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of desktop support experience in a large corporate environment. Additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience should include supporting Windows 10 desktop environment and other common desktop applications such as MS Office Suite, McAfee hard drive encryption, Antivirus and Host Intrusion Prevention, eID and Smart Card middleware and hardware, Endpoint backup software, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Lync/Lync EV
- Top Secret clearance is required (Polygraph preferred)
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
- Experience in supporting Mac OS and iOS devices
- MCP/MCSA/MCSE, A+, Network+, Security+
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.