Leidos is hiring a DevOps Cloud Engineer in support of our SSA ISSC II program in Windsor Mill, MD to help drive the DEVOPS customer initiatives. As our DevOps Cloud Engineer, you role will utilize your experience with and allow you the opportunity to do the following:
- Design, Build, and automate using DEVOPS suite including Maven, Liquibase
- Work with modern open source NoSQL platforms, cloud deployment models and test-driven development in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Automate AWS ElastiCache provisioning, administration and maintenance.
- Use Python to automate infrastructure tasks
- Design and develop logical physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures. Support the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Mentor group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- After hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- You will also be prepared to accept other duties as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years advanced IT experience or Professional level Certifications, or equivalent.
- Experience working with AWS database services including RDS, EC2, S3,
- Infrastructure and configuration automation.
- Working in Agile and DEVOPS environment.
- Experience working with any RDBMS : Oracle or PostgreSQL or SQLServer
- Development experience on any language.
- Ansible experience
- Maven, Jenkins, Liquibase
- PaaS (SaaS, IaaS)
- GIT/Bitbucket for code migrations
- Confluence for artifacts and Jira/Kanban for project tasks.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.