Leidos Engineering, LLC is seeking a Contracts Representative to support its Commercial Energy Solutions Operation within the Civil Group. This role will lead full life cycle (“cradle-to-grave”) contract management activities for a high volume of commercial contracts as assigned, which may include public and private sectors. This role reports to the Team Lead, Contracts.
The Contracts Representative will analyze contract terms and conditions; provide overall risk assessment/solutions; negotiate terms and conditions; manage overall contract compliance in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations for various customers (commercial, municipal, state, and federal governments; potentially some international). The selected candidate will be a motivated leader and a self-starter who can work independently and proactively as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
Work location for this position could be in one of the following: Denver, CO, OR Orlando, FL, OR Reston, VA, OR Seattle, WA.
- Attend capture sessions to collaborate with the program team to suggest proposal strategies and recommend approaches in order to address Leidos’ and the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Review and analyze solicitations for potential contract risks, including compliance with requirements, and make recommendations to management.
- Collaborate with proposal team on submittal of proposals.
- Lead contractual negotiations and modifications.
- Monitor contract compliance in coordination with the program team.
- Identify contract risks and offer mitigation solutions, including Organizational Conflict of Interest.
- Coordinate closely and regularly interact with the program team, project control, finance, business development, project setup, accounting, and customers, as required.
- Coordinate closely with the Subcontracts staff assigned to program to ensure subcontracting activities and prime contract flow downs are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives.
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data requests from internal/external customers.
- Maintain and manage accuracy of contract records in contract management system.
- Mentor Civil Group counterparts and less experienced Contracts staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from an accredited university, OR a related field, and a minimum of 4 years of experience in contract administration and negotiations. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in reviewing/redlining/negotiating contract terms and conditions, teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, licensing agreements, and intellectual property terms is required.
- Cradle-to-grave experience within the federal, state, local government, and commercial contracts with an emphasis on proposal preparation, risk analysis and mitigation, negotiation, and contract administration.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all major contract types (T&M, Fixed Price, Cost Plus, etc.) and experience with IDIQ contracts and GSA Schedules.
- Working knowledge and fully conversant in theory and application of FAR/DFAR.
- Working knowledge of federal government contracts, state and local contracts and commercial contracts.
- Knowledge of the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS).
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with customers, executive management and program staff regarding complex contract issues.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, work well and establish relationships with internal and external clients.
- Analytical ability to evaluate issues, develop options for resolution, determine the best approach and enact resolutions.
- Experience as a contracts representative is required.
- Experience working for a commercial business selling services to the federal government is required.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and analytical skills, including solving problems and mitigating risks is required.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience with IT and engineering contracts is preferred.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.