Leidos is looking for a highly motivated Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Green Belt and professional facilitator with Professional Management Professional (PMP) experience to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The individual selected will be responsible for applying knowledge of continuous process improvement for business and operational processes in supporting such projects within the following FAA groups: Real Estate, Human Resources, Configuration Management, etc. Assist and lead project and change management efforts plus maintain responsibility for process improvement projects under the supervision of the program Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. Support the execution of continuous process improvement projects and implementation efforts. Develop expertise in Lean Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, and business process reengineering. Work on process improvement and data analysis, including Six Sigma methodologies. Plan and facilitate structured improvement activities. Other duties would include supporting quality assurance functions on the NISC III Program. The scope of work includes establishing best practices to ensure product quality, integrity and value by independently monitoring and identifying risks on all NISC IT development work through all aspects of the SDLC.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide expertise in application of standardized project management techniques and Lean Six Sigma methodology in the analysis, design, prototyping on a high-demand, high-visibility, multi-faceted customer workgroup.
- Create training on lean management and continuous process improvement for leadership and FAA teams implementing new workflows, processes and procedures.
- Design, plan and develop technical requirements to accommodate equipment and manpower.
- Design change management processes by which FAA leadership may achieve buy-in through a comprehensive approach to engage and gain acceptance for important change initiatives
- Monitor process outcomes of workflows and identify process improvement opportunities
- Plan and conduct structured improvement activities using Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools
- Ability to critically think, problem solve, and effectively communicate through both writing and speech
- Provide Software Quality Engineering leadership in monitoring RITES IT Quality.
- Support new and existing IT task orders in the implementation of quality standards and procedures that support the development and timely delivery of quality IT products and deliverables
- Verify and validate that the quality of IT products and deliverables meet task order requirements as defined in the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Provide technical inputs for root cause analysis and corrective action. Support quality reporting and responses to customer complaints (CARs) within the CMO and across task orders.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any quality non-conformances related to IT products, processes and systems.
- BA or BS Degree
- Lean or Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- 3+ years of experience as a Green Belt in a professional work environment
- Ability to gather information and synthesize it into a presentable deliverable for the client
- Proficiency in Microsoft software particularly Visio, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering but will consider 8+ years of software QA experience
- At least 5 years in-depth experience and demonstrated proficiency with QA methodology, processes and deliverables
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with at least 5 years demonstrable facilitation experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers; ability to collaborate effectively with any coworker within the program and across the broader QA organization; ability to transfer knowledge and translate technical concepts to non-technical resources and coworkers; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Public Trust Clearance
- FAA Experience
- Change Facilitator Training
- Experience with Minitab or similar statistical software
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.