Leidos has an opening for a Sheetmetal Specialist to work in our FAA Part 145 Repair station located in Manassas, VA. We integrate, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners.
We are seeking sheetmetal specialist for modification and ongoing support of turbo prop and jet powered aircraft. The incumbent performs repairs and alterations to sheet metal and composites. Fabricates and installs aircraft parts and assemblies in accordance with FAA requirements, and Leidos generated data and approved procedures in a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Fabricates parts, assemblies and antenna doublers from metal stock, and composites using correct fasteners in accordance with FAA approved documents.
- Installs new and fabricated parts, assemblies, and antenna doublers in specified aircraft locations in pressurized and non-pressurized aircraft. Works with senior technicians and Engineering team members to concurrently design installations as needed. Identifies locations for secondary avionics system components such as relays, terminal strips, terminal blocks, etc.
- With limited supervision disassembles and reassembles aircraft interior, instrument panels and avionics equipment bays prior to and/or following the installation of aircraft, using proper handling and storage techniques.
- Performs appropriate corrosion control processes upon completion of parts and fixtures before installation.
- Enters a description of work completed on the work order and other required paperwork, documents all removal and installation of aircraft parts and accessories according to Installation procedures, and maintains personal training log.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and use of technical reference materials, i.e. aircraft technical manuals, parts catalogs, fabrication and specification manuals and AC43-13 1A/2A.
- Maintains current industry, equipment and FAA knowledge by attending factory classes, OJT and by researching and reading technical documents, trade publications, FAR's, etc. Assists lesser experienced technicians in interpreting Company policies and the FAR's.
- Available to work all department alternate shifts as needed, and able to accomplish road trips within the United States and also other countries as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma and 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- Previous experience working with sheet metal, or completion of a technical school program in a similar field of study
- Lift balance, and carry 50 lbs.
- Read small print; repetitive motion; works with moving parts and vibration;
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Lay in a prone position for more than 2 hours
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
- Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
- Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time
- Must complete DoT drug test to determine the presence of illegal or un-prescribed controlled substances
- Tolerate working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid state driver's license
- Must read, write, speak and understand English
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain an active DOD security clearance at the SECRET level, or higher
- Experience with major sheet metal repairs and modifications a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aircraft Sheet Metal Technician
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.