The Defense Group of Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Senior level Operations Manager, based in Washington, DC.
The successful candidate will report directly to the NGEN Vice President and Program Manager in executing a large scale enterprise contract to provide program oversight of the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) Next Generation Enterprise Network Recompete (NGEN-R) contract.
The NGEN-R contract will provide secure end-to-end Information Technology (IT) services to more than 400,000 hardware devices and 600,000+ users at over 1,600 Continental United States (CONUS) sites and over 82 OCONUS site across Asia, Europe, and the Middle East; constituting one of the largest combined networks in the world.
Given the scope and visibility of this multi-billion dollar effort, the Operations Manager will partner with the PM in all aspects of directing Program execution and meeting the Government’s requirements. This will include direct interface with senior Government officials and industry partners, driving contract growth, Cost and Schedule responsibility, contract execution, staffing, and transition. Specifically the Operations Manager will manage all aspects of the day to day running of the Program.
The successfully candidate primary responsibilities will be:
- Overall programmatic (cost, schedule, performance) responsibility for the execution of the Contract. Single point of contact (POC) for program-related issues and incidents.
- Communicates critical and time sensitive program-related information directly to the NGEN Program Manager, or other delegated Government program personnel.
- Represents the Contractor at program-related meetings attended by, or at the request of the NGEN Program Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, and 12 plus years combined experience managing and/or executing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of network services, and/or other technically complex information technologies services to large organizations internationally.
- Specialized experience: At least five years combined experience managing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of IT services to large organizations. This experience shall include regular communications with the supported organization’s senior executives and direct accountability for managed activities.
- Candidate must possess an active DOD Secret level security clearance.
- Experience managing larger Programs and/or Task Orders
- PMP and/or DAWIA PM Level III Certifications
- Prior Navy or NGEN experience desired but not required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.