Leidos is presently seeking a software engineer to support the sustainment and ongoing development of a Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). This individual will assist in the design, development, testing and implementation of the SDN components through collaboration with teammates and coordination with Government customers. Will support troubleshooting, incident and problem management as necessary.
This position will primarily be a telecommuting position, but candidates are preferred in the Scott AFB, IL area.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline completed within 12 months prior to hire
- 1+ year of related experience obtained through any combination of coursework and internships
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required)
- Backend Java and Python software development experience that includes SOAP and REST web services development, as well as the parsing, generation and validation of XML
- Database development experience, particularly for PostgreSQL, including DDL and triggers/stored procedures
- Experience with distributed version control software such as Git, as well as experience with the automation of testing, builds and deployments
- Experience developing software on a Linux platform (RHEL 7)
- Full software lifecycle experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment
- Experience developing software in an agile environment including the ability to quickly learn new technologies on a rapidly growing project
- Software analysis and design experience, including the ability to research, analyze, select and design integrations for APIs, as well as develop extensions/plugins for existing tools/components
- Experience creating software design artifacts, including the creation of functional, technical, and architectural design documentation as well as test cases and installation, deployment and configuration documentation
- Software Defined Networking experience, particularly Lumina SDN Controller (OpenDaylight) and Cisco NSO
- Network configuration experience, specifically with Juniper or Cisco routers, to include protocols such as BGP, MPLS, VPLS, Pseudowires and QoS
- Experience developing software using SDN modeling languages and protocols such as YANG, NETCONF and RESTCONF
- Experience developing software in a DoD environment, including meeting STIGs and RMF controls
- Experience working with DISA or DoD Customers
- Currently possess an active Secret or higher security clearance
- Currently possess an active 8570 IAT II Certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.