Leidos is seeking an Information Assurance specialist to partner on a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. Candidates will work directly with ISSMs, developers and operations on both policy and technical implementation to ensure proper system protection, audits, installation and operations. They will identify vulnerabilities and work off findings alongside system administrators. Knowledge of the complex environment involving shared IC networks and multiple security enclaves is desired.
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Develop, prepare and document standard IT security operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Ensure the protecting the organization's information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction
- Manage and enforce security strategies and policies within established guidelines
- Develop and provide input towards and write IT Security Strategy, CyberSecurity technical solutions, and Compliance and Risk Management documentation
- Implement Government approved / accepted engineered solutions
- Monitor and maintain the security posture of platforms (ACAS) and (SCAP) and act upon events as reported in the platform’s monitoring system
- Participate in system security audits and risk assessments as directed by government leads
- Prioritize IA remediation efforts and reduces overall attack surface of the IT infrastructure
- Automates compliance reporting and remediation to maintain a good cyber posture and enforce policy, enabling cyber analysts to focus on high-value tasks
- Prioritizes vulnerabilities and increases automated remediation, enabling skilled cyber analysts to focus on high-value tasks
- Integrates with existing continuous diagnostics and mitigation (CDM) tools to provide transparent, at-a-glance enterprise IA SA
- Comply with DISA STIGs and CYBERCOM WARNORDs and the Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA security patches)
- Provides basic mentorship to junior team members.
- Supports customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Knowledge of standards, concept sand tools to be able to complete technology assignments.
- Knowledge of DISA STIGs and CYBERCOM WARNORDs and the Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA security patches).
- Experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to problems to senior management and clients.
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation processes.
- Experience coordinating with Information System Security Managers (ISSM) in testing, documenting, and achieving accreditation of systems throughout the development process, and achieving operational acceptance.
- Assessment and Accreditation experience delivering ATO packages.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- Candidate must, at a minimum, have IAM Level 2 certification (CISSP)
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years (4 years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree) or a Master’s Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience (5 years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a master's degree) .
Security Clearance Requirement
Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.