No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos is seeks a dynamic, effective leader for one of our Incident Response teams in the MD/DC area. Leidos leaders lead differently. Leidos employees (and especially managers) embody the Leidos values of integrity, inclusion, innovation, agility, collaboration, and commitment. As a leader, you will work collaboratively with your team to evaluate and redefine cyber operations roles and capabilities of the current team. You are empowered and encouraged to identify process improvements, both incremental and transformational, to evolve the current incident response team into a cyber security powerhouse.
Functions of this role include:
• The Incident Response Manager would be responsible for a team of 4-8 incident response analysts.
• Effectively work with team to understand and prepare situational awareness reports for program management and federal staff
• Define protocols and mature ‘playbooks’ of operational response to cyber threats
• Lead/support on-site investigations, forensics, and provide mobile device support.
• Participate regularly in IR working group sessions. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
• Must be US Citizen. Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret and DoD/Top Secret Clearance (Interim Top Secret acceptable), or TS/SCI.
• Must have 1/more of: CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler; Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker (ECC); GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF); ISC2 CISSP
• 3+ years’ experience within cyber incident handling and/or cyber operations
• In depth understanding of cyber landscape and typical threat vectors
• Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
• Understanding of US-CERT incident reporting and guidelines.
• Strong interpersonal skills working directly with VIP end users in a highly visible and mission critical environment.
• Physically present (shifts) during Core Office Hours.
Typically requires BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider years of experience, in lieu of degree.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.