Join our team and we’ll unleash your talents! Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Technical Trainer. In this role you will work collaboratively with an outstanding engineering team and will support training and fielding needs for the team’s software deployed in the cloud for US Air Force bases across the world. Position requires 50% or more travel supporting from Morgantown, WV or Newport News, VA. Teleworking options can be considered from other locations for motivated candidates looking to grow their career. Must possess US citizenship and a current DoD Secret Security Clearance for consideration.
- Prepare and deliver training based on an existing library of training modules, tailored to the needs of each base receiving training as part of an initial installation/fielding effort. Training will be delivered on-site to Air Force bases around the world.
- Maintain existing training library (e.g., coordinate required edits, upload updated materials to milSuite)
- Gain and maintain tactical and technical proficiency in the Leidos software. As software is constantly under development, stay abreast of new features and understand the “What’s New” aspects to incorporate into training as required.
- Coordinate with military base points of contact (POC) to understand how they will employ the delivered software and how to tailor the training to best meet their needs.
- Deliver operator level training within a classroom environment at USAF bases (CONUS and OCONUS), continuing coordination with the base-level POCs to schedule events, convey administrative/logistic requirements.
- Coordinate with base POCs to perform initial set up (data build) of data required for new software installations. This data includes importing or creating instantiation and organizational data, user accounts and permissions, operational checklists, and base unique features.
- Capture user feedback and relay to the software development team to continually improve the feature set of the tool. Monitor milSuite for user feedback submitted through the training portal
- Employ appropriate training sites (via DISA milCloud or other cloud deployments) to illustrate topics or respond to questions posed by users in the field.
- Work closely with developers and other endpoint engineers in an agile environment.
- Support deployed software system with Help Desk activities, reviewing Help Desk tickets submitted by the field, and providing operational translation of described issues as required.
- Train developers in the front-end/operator use of the software, enabling them to better respond to Help Desk tickets from the field. Develop and maintain internal training program with initial and periodic reviews for staff. Develop qualification test/exam and maintain list of qualified developers (to feed Help Desk call schedule).
- Plan and implement exercises to test Help Desk readiness. Work with developers to plan a system outage and stimulate the Help Desk through the support desk. Evaluate the team on success.
- Develop and maintain Help Desk call schedule for Tier I support. Manage schedule deconflictions.
- Work independently and under minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree or Associate’s degree plus 2 years additional experience in lieu of Bachelor’s; and minimum 6 years of training experience in a military environment
- Strong understanding of Air Force base operations with an emphasis on Command Post (CP), Crisis Action Teams (CAT), Base Defense Operations Centers (BDOC), Emergency Operations Centers (EOC) and/or airfield operations (sortie generation, fuels/munitions, civil engineering)
- Must have excellent organization skills
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Experience in training of end users in both SW application installation and daily operations
- Experience managing projects within the Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with the Agile software development process.