The National Solutions Operation is currently soliciting experienced Human Language Technology (HLT) Specialists in various languages to support the HLT initiatives of a Department of Defense (DoD) customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). HLT specialists should have experience working with human language technologies, computer programming, translation memory, and terminology management. HLT specialists will support a program performing Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) operations, and are expected to leverage language, analytical, and programming skills.
The HLT specialists will support the use of HLT for triage and translation. They will help to identify and prioritize work to be performed on the program. Must currently possess TS/SCI. Candidate will be required to pass a polygraph and subject interview prior to starting on the project.
- Leverage customer tools to generate reports and metrics
- Review search results generated by tools to assess their accuracy and effectiveness
- Work with various team members (e.g., systems engineers, triage specialists, and linguists) to identify products of potential value
- Create translation memory projects and assist in their integration with Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools
- Work with SDL Trados and other CAT tools
- Provide training to other team members on the use of translation memory and CAT tools
- Identify issues with the integration of technology
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the use of HLT
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Achieve a minimum score of 3 in respective foreign language and English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing on the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale
- Three (3) years of experience working with human language technology and computer programming
- Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Team player who is able to prioritize and effectively manage his/her own matrixed team and multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner (email, spoken, & reports).
- Ability to make sound decisions and handle stress, while meeting deadlines and performing in a high-paced environment.
- Proficiency in standard computer systems and office programs, with additional experience in media examination tools.
- Proficiency in the use of CAT tools
- Ability to use or train to proficiency on customer specific software programs and tools.
- Ability to collaborate, interact, and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
- Formal education in linguistics, computational linguistics, and/or computer programming, Master’s degree
- Experience with translation memory and translations management, certification preferred.
- Advanced degree in computer programming, computational linguistics and/or linguistics
- Familiarity with Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) processes and specialized tools
- Trados certification for Project Management or Translation
- Training or certification in Translation Memory and Terminology Management
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.