Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Automation Specialist, SME to support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program. The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services.
The Automation Specialist, SME is a Virtual position.
Automation Specialist, SME Responsibilities
- Provide Software (S/W), web based, client and/or multiple tier server applications development, maintenance, and operations support
- Develop and support applications for highly complex systems which requires a thorough analysis of the business processes that these systems support and an in-depth understanding of client needs
- Maintain and support systems requiring very complex application modifications and enhancements
- Respond to system failures; analyze and resolve underlying problems
- Evaluate existing applications for process efficiency, system integrity, security and data quality
- Redesign an replace selected application sub-systems as needed
- Design applications requiring complex integration with existing or legacy systems
- Provide user/client support and training, especially implementation support; assess training needs and recommend training
- Develop and maintain documentation for applications and systems, programs, processes, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college in an IT related field and 2 years prior relevant experience
- Must have at least one of the following current certifications to satisfy DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II:
- CompTIA Security+ CE
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
- GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GISCP)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- One year experience as an Applications Developer or Computer Programmer
- Must possess one to three years of experience with C#.NET or ASP.NET
- Experience with Cloud based web applications on Azure, AWS or Internal Private Cloud
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle / SQL)
- Experience interacting in a Linux environment
- Experience with front end development (HTML, CSS)
- Exposure to web and collaboration systems, including IT Service Management processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of ITIL Change & Configuration Management
- Work well under pressure with differing levels of Management
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to maintain confidential information and communications
- Exposure to other network monitoring systems and IT Service Management
- Experience with DoD, Army and/or USACE customers
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Experience with classified and unclassified networks
- Customer Service Focused - deliver sustained high levels of customer satisfaction
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.