Leidos, Inc. is seeking a Senior Contracts Administrator to support its Exploration and Mission Support Operation within the Civil Group. This role will lead full life cycle (“cradle-to-grave”) contract management activities for a National Science Foundation program and other programs, as assigned, which may include public sector and commercial programs.
The Senior Contracts Administrator will manage overall contract compliance for the program in accordance with contract requirements, company policies and procedures, and applicable laws and acquisition regulations. The selected candidate will be a motivated leader and a self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
This role reports to the Associate Director, Contracts.
This position is located in Centennial, CO.
Relocation benefits maybe available if not local in the area.
- Attend capture sessions to collaborate with the program team to suggest proposal strategies and recommend pricing approaches in order to address Leidos’ and the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Review and analyze solicitations for potential risks, including compliance with requirements.
- Lead the oversight and submittal of proposals.
- Lead contractual negotiations and modifications.
- Monitor contract compliance, including timely delivery of deliverables, in coordination with the program team.
- Identify risks and offer mitigation solutions, including Organizational Conflict of Interest.
- Resolve performance issues in collaboration with the program team.
- Act as an adviser providing contractual advice to the program team.
- Mentor Civil Group counterparts and less experienced Contracts staff.
- Coordinate closely and regularly interact with the program team, project control, finance, business development and customers, as required.
- Coordinate closely with the Subcontracts Administrators assigned to program to ensure subcontracting activities and prime contract flow downs are carried out in a manner consistent with prime contract requirements and operational objectives.
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data requests from internal/external customers.
- Manage accuracy of contract records in contract management system.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, OR a related field, and 12+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Expert cradle-to-grave experience within the federal government contracts arena with an emphasis on proposal support.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all major contract types (T&M, Fixed Price, Cost Plus, etc.) and contract vehicles (IDIQ, BPA, GSA Schedule, GWAC) and large acquisitions.
- A working knowledge and fully conversant in theory and application of FAR/DFAR.
- Knowledge of federal government contracts, state and local contracts and commercial contracts.
- Knowledge of the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS).
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with customers, executive management and program staff regarding complex contract issues.
- Analytical ability to evaluate issues, develop options for resolution, determine the best approach and enact resolutions.
- Ability to establish relationships within Leidos and with external customers.
- Experience as a contracts lead on large proposals is required.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and analytical skills, including solving problems and mitigating risks.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
Experience with construction contracts preferred.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.