Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
This position will work to assist in delivering the solutions for our customer. The effort will harness GOTS, COTS and FOSS technologies to deliver advanced exploitation, production and collaboration services. The team will build and deliver new and innovative approaches to exploitation and production using web and cloud technologies. The position operates in an Agile Development Lifecycle environment.
- Coaching teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Project/Program leaders in agile practices
- Track/Escalate Impediments
- Helping to manage risks/dependencies
- Assisting in coordination with external segments as needed
- Facilitating System Demos
- Owning Product Release Planning Events
- Driving improvement in Release Train
- Assisting with tracking execution of features
- Working with Product Management to ensure development strategy and product execution align
- Vendor Delivery Integration
- Encouraging collaboration between teams
- Supporting feature and capability estimation
- Assisting the team with removing impediments
- Facilitating progress toward team goals
- Facilitating team agile events: Sprint Planning, Retro, Planning, etc
- Promoting and facilitating continuous team improvement (technical, interpersonal)
- Ensuring scrum practices are followed (Time Logging, Comments, WIP limits)
- Regular and consistent communication and coordination with and between stakeholders and teams.
- Feature sizing, Velocity and Capacity Estimation
- Collaborating with Product Stakeholders to meet mission goals.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of product, process and the team
- Significant experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Significant experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Must have significant experience working within SAFe and Agile frameworks specifically as a Release Train Engineer, Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Experience leading teams through the delivery of capabilities (software development or infrastructure modernization) using agile methodologies
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
Candidate must have BS degree with and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master 6-10 with years of prior relevant experience.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Poly.
-SAFe Agilist Certification
-Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification
-Project Management Skills
-Jira collaboration tools experience
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.