Leidos is seeking an Cyber Vulnerability Researcher to work in Arlington, VA.
The Cyber Vulnerability Researcher will serve as a subject matter expert, solving cutting edge cyber security problems with a talented multi-discipline team of researchers and engineers. This position will allow you to develop and apply innovative solutions to solve challenging problems in vulnerability analysis and exploitation, as well as demonstrate and transition R&D prototypes to customers.
• Conducting research for the purposes of finding new vulnerabilities and enhancing existing capabilities
• Circumventing security protection methods and techniques
• Reverse engineering complex systems and protocols
• Creating detailed technical reports and proof of concept code to document findings
• Presenting research results to customers
• Must have active Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI in the future
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related field and 8+ years of experience
• Experience with binary analysis tools such as IDA, Binary Ninja, Ghidra and program comprehension at the assembly and decompiler levels
• Experience with analysis techniques such as taint analysis, program slicing, symbolic execution, constraint solving, fuzzing, and dynamic instrumentation
• Experience demonstrating system/application exploitation based on identified vulnerabilities
• Experience with virtualization/emulation tools such as QEMU, Unicorn, VirtualBox, Simics, bochs, VLAB, or other similar hypervisor/emulation toolsets
• Proficiency in one or more programming languages: C/C++, Python, assembly, etc.
• Experience reverse engineering/exploiting embedded systems, physical systems, and other real-time systems
• Experience leading vulnerability research and exploitation programs
• Experience writing proposals and supporting business development
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security Research and Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.