The National Solutions Operation at Leidos has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to work in our Chantilly, VA office. The position will define and develop Leidos solutions focused on Enterprise IT, Cyber, and Mission Software for the Intelligence Community with primary focus on NRO. Day to day activities include providing innovative solutions to complex technical challenges through market definition, customer engagement, architecture definition, and program capture for new business pursuits and surge support to existing programs.
• Provide Operation and Division level expertise aligned to Leidos Technical Core Competencies
• Lead development of technical solutions for proposals
• Communicate solutions to senior Leidos and customer management
• Develop technical roadmaps and solutions aligned to customer strategy
• Provide surge support to programs focused on complex technology issues
• Mentor and coach technical staff
• Review and assess vendor technology solutions
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, IT, or related field with 15+ years-experience. Advanced IT technical degree is preferred.
• MUST possess a minimum 5+ years-experience implementing technical solutions for NRO
• Minimum 10 years-experience leading technical teams
• Minimum 5 years-experience associated with opportunity capture or new business acquisition
Clearance Requirement: Active and in-scope TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required for consideration. **Enhanced PTO benefits available for TS/SCI clearance!
• Master’s Degree in engineering, IT or related field
• Experience with multiple, large intelligence community customers
• Certification in one or more of the following is preferred and ideal:
- Cyber Security
- AWS / Azuze
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.