The National Solutions Operation (NSO) within the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Business Development leader to help us solve mission-critical challenges for the Intelligence Community. Leidos strives to make the world safer and our customers more efficient through the delivery of Intelligence Tradecraft professionals and solutions, as well as through the delivery of Transformative Information Technology (IT) solutions built with Transformative Software and Analytics. NSO provides All Source expertise in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions across intelligence gathering disciplines with emphasis on HUMINT, GEOINT, and SIGINT.
As part of Leidos, the #1 ranked Washington Technology Top 100 company for 2019, we want you to come and make a difference. In this role, the successful candidate is expected to continue to build the Leidos reputation and business pipeline, executing the BD process, maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the FBI domain. The selected individual will be held accountable for identification, qualification and capture of business development opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the Division’s and Operation’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Partners with the Operations VP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
• Identifies, develops, and implements near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
• May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
• Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
• Participates in business planning activities, to include biweekly pipeline reviews, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
• Monitors the pipeline, recommends BD priorities and resource allocation
• Establishes and measures progress with the Operations’ priorities and annual operating plan targets for qualified pipeline growth, win rates, submits and awards.
• Contributes to the development and implementation of the Operations’ strategy based on market research and corporate direction.
• Coordinates with Leidos organizations who perform emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
• Develops and supports strategic partnerships with industry leaders, driving innovation and new business opportunities.
• Represents Leidos in the industry through participation in industry-related organizations, conferences and panels.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of experience with Federal Bureau of Investigations
• 13+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or programs
• Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
• Travel as required 10% -20% per month
• Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
• Active Top Secret Clearance
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience working with FBI in counterintelligence, counterterrorism, intelligence analysis, and similar functions
• Experience with Government/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
• Experience related to intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions and the intelligence gathering disciplines is preferred
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.