The Intelligence Group of Leidos has an exciting career opportunity for a Contracts Team Lead within the National Solutions Operation.
The Contracts Team Lead will support various customers using sound judgement and advice on contractual issues with cradle-to-grave contract administration, special assignment requests, and proposal team reviews. In addition this position includes the following responsibilities and scope of work:
- Support overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws.
- Work independently as well as part of a team of contract professionals supporting proposal preparation and a portfolio of contracts.
- Act in the capacity of Team Lead providing expertise and professional judgement to Contract staff as well as advise and monitor performance and manages a small team of contracts staff.
- The successful candidate will use her/his depth of experience to provide cradle-to-grave contract administration support for various CP, FFP, T&M Government contracts including RFP analysis, hands-on proposal development including the development of terms and conditions, coordination of appropriate internal reviews, contract negotiation, and contract/task order administration and execution.
- The candidate will frequently interact - written, oral, and face-to-face - with other contracts and procurement staff, functional peers, Program and Division management and external and internal customers.
- Lead the review and analysis of RFP's, prepare compliant and cost/price proposals, and represent Leidos’s interests during negotiations and contract administration. Scope of work includes Red Team reviews and advising/monitoring performance of staff. Review and negotiate Teaming Agreements, NDAs and licenses as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience. Additional general experience in Contract Administration may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
- Experience with Government (FAR / DFAR) contracting: Fixed Price (FP), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Level of Effort (LOE), Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) and General Service Administration (GSA) type contracts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate contract risks as well as coordinate appropriate reviews in accordance with Leidos policy and procedures.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be able and willing to travel locally as needed to support the customers.
MUST POSSESS a Top Secret/SCI Clearance with polygraph. ** This role provides enhanced Paid Time Off benefits, based on the required clearance!
PREFERRED SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
- Must have the ability to make sound business judgments, handle multiple contractual activities with a short turn-around time, and work independently as well as part of a Team.
- Demonstrated experience leading junior staff or managing a small team.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task and prioritize work activities in a fast paced environment and effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Must be able to support a team environment and interact with multiple functional organizations.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to include well developed analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.