Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of software that improves air traffic management for our international customers. Worldwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. Skyline is the product solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations and safety globally. Skyline provides a comprehensive integrated air traffic control and management system for customers in Korea, Albania, Kazakhstan, New Zealand, UK, and is expanding in Southeast Asia, Middle East, and Europe.
Skyline functions include:
• Radar tracking System and related decision tools
• Trajectory modeling system and related decision tools
• Electronic Flight Data Strips
• Enhanced Air Traffic Flow Management
• Replacement or integration of multiple systems in customer sites.
• Skyline will share data among: controllers, aircraft operators, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
• Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air, the ability to exchange data electronically, with the goal of a continuous real-time picture of traffic volume and airport resources, making flights more efficient from gate to gate.
• Applying the Qt framework (based on C++) in order to develop software modules on front-end GUI applications
Developing and maintaining the Skyline software within the object oriented environment (primarily C++/Qt) on a UNIX/Linux platform.\
• Leading a team of 5-10 SW developers in the creation of high quality software within established project deadlines
• Modernizing the air traffic control user experience by improving the user interfaces for access to flight information
• Modernizing the air traffic control equipment by improving the exchange of electronic flight data and implementing electronic flight strips.
• Streamlining the schedule sequence of departures and arrivals to improve flow efficiency.
• Providing support needed for system engineering
• Articulating user needs and requirements from high level user stories
• Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Proficient in C++ programming on latest versions (C++ versions 11+)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.