- Participate as a member of an integrated team solving technical problems, providing assistance during all phases of design, installation, and operation of data collection hardware and software at JDAT garrison and deployed environments.
- Contribute to production of software applications that enhance analyst ability to perform queries and retrieve required data in a time-sensitive manner.
- Support the system engineering life-cycle for software and hardware data collection components, including development, test, and implementation.
- Write source code for one or more JDAT automated tools to support task and product requirements (e.g., JWinWAM, DCAAF, MIG, XDARES, TERA).
- Write source code for one or more database systems to support task and product requirements (e.g., JDAT Integrated Project System).
- Interact with customers and functional peer groups to gain cooperation regarding solution design and approaches to operations.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s and 5 years related experience or AA and 7 years related experience
- Software development related experience (e.g., C, C++, C#)
- Current baseline certification meeting IAT-2 (e.g., Security+)
- Ability to complete computing environment training within 6 months of assignment (e.g., MCSA Win 10)
- Capability to lift 40 lbs.
- Professional writing and oral presentation skills, MS Office proficiency
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience with data collection in field environments
- Experience with Java
- Experience with developing and updating program documentation, to include flow charts and test documents
- Experience with file conversion and data transfer solutions
- Experience with maintenance on existing software products and subsystems
- Experience developing and testing solutions to software architecture problems
- Experience in data archival and recovery activities
External referral eligible.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.