Leidos Defense Group is seeking Instructional System Designers /e-Learners with technical training experience to support Navy training in West Mifflin, PA. Candidates will be members of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Navy and contractor maritime power plant subject matter experts, instructional designers, and multi-media designers working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. In this project we transform curricula designed by instructional experts, experienced maritime power plant technicians and subject matter experts into computer-based training (CBT) modules used in the Navy’s self-paced training program.
- Develop and implement computer-based learning practices that reflect commitment to high quality standard through the use of technology and managed through a consistent approach across the development team.
- Create supporting training materials and media to enhance training usability.
- Partner with the Navy customer to author, design and develop computer-based learning content and/or blended learning solutions.
- Plan and develop interactivity through interaction with SMEs.
- Monitor customer feedback and identify potential enhancements to guided study modules.
- Assist in the coordination, monitoring, and evaluation of day-to day progress towards training objectives and deliveries.
- Will work with our customer and Navy subject matter experts to perform the training curriculum development and implementation
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of adult learning / e-Learning; Human Performance Technology, Instructional Design, Training & Development with at 2 years of experience or equivalent experience
- Experienced in the development of training curriculum to include the development of lessons, general courseware, computer-based training storyboards, assessment instruments and evaluation of methods on test groups.
- Experienced in the application of a systematic approach to the design, development and implementation of training applications.
- Must have active or current final US Secret security clearance before starting work.
- Familiarity with Navy technical training is a plus.
- Experience developing or presenting technical training courses for any branch of the Armed Forces is a plus.
- Successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to work as a member of a virtual team at geographically dispersed locations.
- Active or current U.S. Government Department of Energy L or Q security clearance is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Curriculum Developer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.