The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Fire Protection Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team.
This position will be supporting the) NISC III support team with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) customer..
In this role, you will provide assistance to Mid-Level and Senior Fire Protection Engineers on multiple programs.
The Fire Protection Engineer’s duties include
- Performing all efforts, from a Fire/Life Safety (FLS) perspective, necessary to design, construct, and evaluate Airport Traffic Control Tower facilities (ATCT), Terminal Radar Approach Control facilities (TRACON), and other Air Traffic Control facilities (ATCF).
- Emphasis is on ATCT/TRACON site surveys, designs, system evaluations and construction inspections.
- Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis.
- Provide clear and concise general and technical writing, assist in preparing and conducting effective technical presentations, and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stakeholders, peers and management levels.
- Education: On-Track to earn Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Fire Protection Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Licensing: Obtained EIT and is on-track to obtain Professional Engineering Registration in Fire Protection Engineering within 5 years.
- Professional Qualifications: The candidate for this position shall be qualified to do Fire Protection Engineering design and construction work and have working experience in design, construction and evaluation of means of egress, building construction including fire resistance rated construction, sprinkler and suppression systems, and fire alarm systems as well as coordination amongst all related engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of nationally recognized codes, standards, and criteria influencing the protection of life and property from the hazards of fire, including NFPA, OSHA and the International Code Council.
- Competent with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to provide organized documentation, and has an awareness of general documentation systems.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience with Microstation, PlanGrid and Adobe is preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Fire Protection
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.