Leidos is hiring a Senior Java Developer / Architect for our SSA ITSSC II program in Windsor Mill, MD. You will demonstrate your mastery in a variety of technologies and tools and how they are best utilized in a modern development environment. You will also demonstrate your extensive knowledge in multiple development languages, software development and best practices, system design, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation tools, testing, tool integrations, and communication. You will utilize your knowledge of container orchestration, cloud solutions and services in a hybrid cloud environment. Use your self-motivation to show initiative to identify, research, design, develop, and promote solutions that enhance the modern development environment.
- Bachelors' degree plus 12 years' experience; or Masters' degree plus 10 years experience
- Experience migrating legacy applications to containerized solutions such as Openshift or Kubernetes
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWD) or similar
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
- Experience with testing tool such as Selenium and BDD cucumber
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology, including three amigos team dynamics
- Experience in conducting training sessions and presentations
- Excellent communication and written skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.