The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Hardware Engineer, to lead the design, development, and engineering assessments of hardware components and systems in a robust big data analytics technology stack in our Bethesda, MD office. Duties may include research, evaluation, integration, deployment, testing, and maintenance of hardware systems. Responsible for developing or executing technology stack design builds, cost estimation with OEM providers, and documentation/justification of requirements.
The Hardware Engineer will work in a in a dynamic and fast paced environment supporting the development of a data pipeline and machine learning services integration in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems. Flexibility can-do attitude and strong communication skills are required. You will work closely with the chief architect, systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists, and government personnel.
Fun challenges on the job:
• Work closely with the Engineering Manager, SME's, and OEM Engineers to support the technical hardware and systems builds in accordance with the data specifications.
• Design, install, configure and operate the system build in the operational environment according to the master schedule and the design performance specifications.
• Provide subject matter expertise to analyze and evaluate program equipment hardware approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency.
• Run Cables and install rack system hardware.
• Hardware logistics - Track equipment as it comes in. Cable management, Bios and Firmware upgrades, Logistics, RMA tracking, Cisco equipment identification, other tasks as needed.
To be successful in this role, you need the following:
• Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Must have a Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph security clearance.
• Must have technical maintenance and operational experience with CISCO, DELL, HP, FlashStack and FlashBlade equipment.
• Must be able read and interpret rack mounted system wiring diagrams and be able to troubleshoot issues.
• Prior experience working on a technical hardware team
• Prior experience with developing technical wiring diagrams for the program
• Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience working directly with engineers and other technical SMEs
• Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Strong understanding of Cisco switch system operations to meet tactical mission requirements (operator, supervisor, and command)
• Technical and operational experience with Cisco equipment and NVIDIA system equipment
• System functional segments
• System LAN operation and administration
• Fault Detection / Isolation / Localization
• Remove and replace procedures
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.