Leidos is currently seeking an HR Director to join our best-in-class HR team to partner with the Health Group in our Baltimore, MD location. The HR Director will be a leader who will design and deliver on talent goals and needs to drive organizational performance and growth. The Leidos Health Group, comprised of over 7,300 employees and approximately $2B in revenue, works to fulfill the company’s mission to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient through its use of information technology, engineering and science in the domains of federal and commercial health-related customers.
The HR Director will work with the Leidos Government Health and Safety Solutions organization which is comprised of over 1,300 employees and is an exciting opportunity to partner with a dynamic business in the design and delivery of HR solutions in a fast-paced environment. The position will require the development of strong working relationships in order to effectively diagnose and address objectives on existing and new business, providing an opportunity to work with multiple functions. The HR Director will manage a small team and leverage additional matrixed HR SME’s from Centers of Expertise to diagnose organizational needs and deliver high-quality and efficient services and solutions to the client. The position will also serve as a key leader of the entire Health HR team and report to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources for the Group. The incumbent in the role can expect to partner with their client groups in the following areas of focus:
- Performance Management
- New business opportunities
- Talent Development
- Employee Relations
- Organizational Change Management
- Total Rewards, to include general and executive compensation
- Culture, Diversity and Inclusion
- Talent Acquisition
- Organizational Design and Development
The HR Director will diagnose business needs and will implement solutions to continually improve organizational performance. The successful incumbent will serve as a liaison between HR centers of expertise (COE’s) and client groups and will assist with implementation of initiatives and projects initiated by the enterprise.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration (or related field)
• 12-15 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years of experience in a role supporting senior and/or executive management/leadership at a mid- to large-sized company
• Experience working with management of all levels, to include first-level supervisors all the way through to senior-level management.
• Broad HR expertise with strong project management and organizational skills with strong follow-through and attention to detail.
• Proactive solution designer able to think big-picture while being resourceful in creating agile solutions with a focus on results improvement.
• Strong business acumen with an ability to diagnose and support data-driven decision-making
• Demonstrated experience leading and driving change within client groups
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional demeanor and strong consultative and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with coaching, influencing, and building effective relationships to influence decisions
• A team-player with a willingness to be hands-on with tactical duties and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel 10-25% to local client sites primarily in the Baltimore and Maryland I-270 corridor areas
• Experience working for a Government contractor or other highly-regulated environment preferred
• Experience with Workday desired
• HR professional certification a plus
• Advanced degree a plus
• Current or previous Leidos/SAIC experience a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:HR Business Partner
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.