The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Senior Network Operations Engineer at MacDill AFB, FL.
Supports the Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE), Joint Network Operations Center (JNOC), with managing, guiding and directing 24x7 NetOps personnel supporting the JCSE mission. Support will be provided Monday–Friday, 8 hours, between the core hours of 0630-1730. Rotating on-call support will be provided after-hours. Contractor will support alternate duty location during COOP. This is a mission essential position.
- Provision, monitor, configure, troubleshoot, upgrade, and maintain routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection sensors (IDS), SATCOM modems, virtual environments, servers, VoIP gateways/managers/SBC, UCS video, NSA Type 1 High Assurance IP Encryptor (HAIPE), and network functional virtual (NFV) devices.
- Provide input or updates as requested/required by JCSE in developing operational configuration manuals and other operational documentation in support of Headquarters, JNOC, SATCOM Gateway, and deployed package operations.
- Assist/support (draft documents, participate in all planning meetings, and provide document validating) in the execution, management, integration and installation of engineering updates to the enterprise infrastructure. This includes ensuring equipment is tested and fully functional for operational use following the required updates.
- Assist in developing TTPs/SOP documentation to support JNOC daily operations. Document lessons learned that will be part of JNOC repository to aide with future mission support or troubleshooting. Maintain Master Station Log (MSL) and ticketing systems o include knowledge management, documenting mission support and troubleshooting on the enterprise network.
- Within 24 hour notice, be prepared to maintain 24x7x365 Tier 2 support functions during Continuity of Operations (COOP) requiring JNOC responsibilities to be relocated within CONUS or OCONUS. Provide input into the COOP plan to ensure operational success within the government’s defined limitation/constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12-15 yrs. of relevant experience or Masters degree with 10-13 yrs of prior relevant experience; Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification.
- Minimum Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.