The Aviation Maintenance and Integration Division (AMID) within the Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Flight Department Lead Pilot to support the day-to-day operations in Manassas, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in advancing the AMID's growing capability.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Remaining informed of the latest developments within the business aviation community, including the FARs, and other Federal, state, local and foreign regulations affecting operations
- Working with the Leidos Training Department establish and supervise the initial and recurrent training of aviation department personnel supporting the Leidos Flight Department.
- Instructing flight crews in the use of the General Operations Manual (GOM), Flight Operating Handbook (FOH), standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Ensuring that revisions and amendments to all Flight Department Publications List are posted and made available to all Flight Department personnel.
- Any and all duties as directed by the Division Director and his designated representatives and the Chief Pilot duties contained within the GOM & FOH.
- Supervise all aircrew and flight department operations personnel.
- Attain and maintain all ratings, instructor ratings and medical certificate as appropriate to operate the assigned department aircraft.
- Perform all PIC & SIC flight duties when scheduled as an aircrew member.
- Providing excellent customer service to passengers
- Preparing and distributing periodic reports and statistics as required
- Manage & Supervise the Flight Scheduler in ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years or prior relevant experience or Masters with three (3) years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- 1,500 hours PIC total time
- 500 hours PIC in a Super King Air 350 aircraft or similar type aircraft type
- Must hold at least a Commercial Airplane Multiengine Instructor Pilot (CFI/MEI) and Instrument Airplane Airman Certificate
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a current passport, a valid state driver’s license
- Must read, write, speak and understand English
- Must possess a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate
- Must be able to meet all CRC deployment and medical requirements
- Must possess an active DOD security clearance at the SECRET level, or higher and have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Proline 21 experience
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)
- 2,000 hours of PIC time
- 400 hours of Multiengine
- 300 hours Turbine time
- 300 hours of Instrument (actual) time
- Rating held for the last three (3) consecutive years
- Active security clearance at Top Secret level
- Former U.S. Military, Customs, DEA Pilot or US Contracting ISR Pilot
- U.S. Military Standardization Instructor Pilot, Instructor Pilot, Maintenance Pilot
- Prior OCONUS rotation experience, particularly in current area of operation
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.