The Consulting Employee will
Create and update technical documentation including plans, standard operating procedures, instruction documents and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information in a clear and concise manner working with technical resources to ensure the content, accuracy and quality of the work product is in alignment with statement of work requirements.
Specific Job Description: The NDW Technical Writer will:
- Develop, document, and implement standard operating procedures to achieve efficiency, quality, and uniformity of performance
- Write, review, analyze, and edit documentation from an end user/reader perspective to ensure the appropriate audience is addressed; collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure that documentation content is accurate
- Develop and update document templates to generate consistent deliverables and present a uniform approach to internal and external communications
- Develop graphic representations of program infrastructure and processes
- Assist with audits, including the CCMI audit, to ensure compliance and obtain the appropriate accreditations
Specific Experience/Skills: The Technical Writer must have:
- BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Relevant experience in a data warehouse environment using Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project)
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, oral and written skills, strong analytical and problem solving capabilities and close attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience planning and monitoring schedule milestone and deliverables.
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- An extensive working knowledge of the SDLC and the associated processes and documentation
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Experience in a CMMI Level 3 organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Additionally, it is preferred that the Technical Writer:
- Possess an understanding of cloud-based technologies and concepts
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Consult Emp
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.