Leidos in Columbia Maryland has an opening for an exciting opportunity as a Warehouse Associate. This position will be responsible for the oversight of shipping and receiving of all goods and materials. Duties may include using computer system for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting as well as receiving incoming materials or preparing materials for shipment.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Experience of handling shipping and receiving duties
- Strong knowledge of warehouse processes and practices
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to lift 60 lbs of weight and work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding multi-tasking, problem solving, and supervisory skills
- Inspecting incoming and outgoing materials and ensuring shipping goods are not damaged and properly packaged
- Scheduling shipping to, ship, and train pickup via thru ups –Fedex-Seko
- Maintain material transaction records in support of audits, such as receipts, transfers, issues, returns, shipments and adjustments for inventory
- Perform physical inventory monthly keep records
- Learning and Self-Development
- Inter- support of Inbound & inventory control & management in the absence of Manager
- Verification of outbound related invoices before submission for approval by manager
- Planning, coordination, control and manage proper warehousing process in line with Osha standards
- Assist segments/ customer with effective communications and providing necessary information on time
- Assists in oversight process of transferring and transporting all materials to designated locations between and within all user departments such as office products, records, recycling, etc,
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and provide recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager
- Provides recommendation for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling)
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of prior relevant experience. Forklift and Reach truck certification is highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Ship and Receiving
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.