Leidos is hiring a Senior Python Software Developer to utilize your extensive experience in software design, development and testing, program installations, and system implementations to further our SSA ITSSC II program in the Windsor Mill area of Baltimore.
- You will conduct research for, and maintain the computer systems and utilities for commercial and Government engagements.
- You will utilize your extensive experience to analyze customers' needs, design a quality proposal then develop these customized solutions to customer/user problems.
- You will establish system parameters and formats; ensure hardware/software compatibility; and coordinate and/or modify user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and configuration capabilities.You will work productively as a developer on a project and be able to integrate with project teams.
Other Job Activities include:
- Develop applications that are performant and meet the requirements of the client utilizing NLTK within Python. Can mentor other Python developers on NLTK is used within Python.
- Contribute to the analysis and development of the final product.
- Providing tests for all code and logic created.
- Schedule code reviews to review all code written and changes made.
- Apply advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
- Contribute to the development of new principles and theories.
- Support management and customers in answering questions on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Work on innovative and unusually complex technical problems to provide solutions.
- Present design, concept, and architecture to internal and external audiences.
- Prepare weekly status reports of accomplished tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience
- Proficient in Python.
- Strong knowledge of Python modules: pandas, numpy, Python Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), Allen NLP, scikit learn, spacy.
- RESTful web service implementations
- Strong experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Application servers/Web frameworks: Bottle or Flask, Python Web servers (like CherryPy, Gevent or Gunicorn)
- Databases: Postgres
- OS: Windows
- Expert in Python Unit Testing
Excellent written and spoken communications skills, and will be able to perform technical documentation, user documentation, and customer presentations as required.
Ability to develop technical solutions, document the solution architecture, design document using UML.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required
- Data Modeling, DDL
- Server configuration
- Technical Leadership
- MS Visual Studio.
- Virtualization, Containers, Micro services and Cloud development
- Familiarity with Python Unit testing tools like Pytest.
- Agile Experience
- Knowledge of Python Web servers: Cherry Py, Gevent or Gunicorn
- OS: Linux
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.