The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is currently seeking a Sr. Firewall Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
- The successful candidate will work with stakeholders to review and implement security policy on firewall devices. Design, implement and maintain security standards/policies/procedures. Participate in security zone architecture and on-going design changes to ensure adequate security protections while enabling business value and outcomes. Implement designed solutions including device configurations while following a change management process. The candidate must be a self-starter, disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity. Ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct is a must.
- The successful candidate is must have extensive experience with firewalls (at least Palo Alto, Cisco ASAs, and Juniper) and an in-depth understanding of computer/network security concepts, VPNs, proxies, and networking.
- The successful candidate will act as a SME
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions and exposure to enterprise network architecture.
- Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
- Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
- Must have the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and apply it to the operational environment in developing and maintaining the security posture of the network
- Experience with IPSEC, VPN, and SSL
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience configuring/administrating various firewall technologies including: Palo Alto, Firepower, Fortinet.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience as mentor\team lead providing work direction and guidance to other personnel.
- Industry Security Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, GSEC, CISSP, GCIA, GCFW, or other security certifications)
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered. Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.