No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
The position is for a Task Order Manager to lead an equipment deployment and system integration project for the Transportation Security Agency (TSA). This position will support the Screening Services Equipment Deployment (SEDS) Program, and will have overall accountability and authority for leading a Task Order.
General responsibilities will include managing personnel resources and site lead assignments, developing work schedules for airport projects, P&L responsibilities for the project, providing assistance to other task managers, and assisting the Program Manager in the following actions: manage cost, staffing, schedule, deliverables and quality assurance. This requires experience and familiarity with TSA operations, transportation security equipment deployments, and all aspects of internal and subcontracted logistics operations. The position will be the primary point of contact to the TSA customer on assigned task orders, coordinating with all design/engineering disciplines (electrical, data, structural, architectural) to develop site-specific requirements for product deployments and integration
NOTE: This position is contingent upon award from the government customer. We'll move forward with the interview process upon notification of Leidos securing this contract award.
This position will allow for telecommuting and remote work while on business travel.
- Leading communications with equipment manufacturers to determine schedules and approving pricing of OEM deployment efforts.
- Managing/approving logistics operations for assigned task orders.
- Managing the TSA Requirements Management Advisory Group (ReMAG) process for activities on the task order.
- Generating sales/orders outlooks for assigned task orders.
- Working with the internal PMO team to develop proposals for delivery to TSA on new work efforts.
- Meeting and interacting with Government personnel and client representatives in accordance with the terms and conditions of the task order.
- Providing clear leadership, technical direction, and guidance to all task order personnel.
- Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, with task order personnel and senior management, and organizing, directing, and coordinating execution of task order activities within negotiated time frames.
- Ensuring submittal of task order deliverables in accordance with the contract.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- U.S. citizenship combined with a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Current Public Trust security clearance and DHS Suitability (TSA EOD).
- Preferred candidates will have 10+ years of program management experience, preferably in Federal government Program/Project Management of similar projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Airport Project Management.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- BA/BS preferably in engineering or business-related discipline; Master’s Degree in related field is preferred.
- Leadership and management of geographically dispersed teams.
- 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience including related efforts in the deployment, design and logistics (ReMAG, CDG/CRPG and/or PGDS, DD-1149, SOW development, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of TSA OEM products and configurations - Experience with checkpoint design standards, processes and equipment layouts - Standard scheduling principles and industry-specific lead times.
- Ability to read and interpret federal acquisition policy, regulations, and directives and to apply those interpretations fully and legally to required deliverables
- Strong communication skills and comfortable presenting to customers both virtually and in-person.
- Ability to thrive and create professional resolutions in adverse situations with minimal guidance or oversight.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time to various project sites
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge/training on Checkpoint and/or Checked Baggage Transportation Security Equipment (TSE) configurations and experience integrating and installing TSE in live airport environments.
- Experience as a site lead on TSA SESI or TEDS projects.
- Experience as a task order manager on other TSA SESI or TEDS projects.
- Construction Management experience in airport environments at larger (CAT X or CAT I) sites.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Technology Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.