The Mission Systems Integration Division currently has an opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer (SE) to support autonomous maritime projects’ systems/interface requirements definition and management, architecture design/development and Systems Integration. The successful candidate will have a background in Navy or commercial ship systems and operations.
The Sr. SE provides support to the Lead Systems Engineer to achieve objectives in accordance with the system life cycle activities. The SE must be capable of independent work requiring application and knowledge of systems engineering and be capable of performing the following:
- Requirements Development/Management
- System Specification Development
- CONOPS/Use Case Development
- Integration of sensors, networks and/or communications systems
- Interface constraints and documentation
- Unmanned Control systems
- Open Architecture Concepts
- Engineering design and development support, data collection and processing tasks
- Experience in Visio, MS Office products, Cameo MagicDraw or other MBSE tool
- Working knowledge/implementation of department of defense and military standards for system environmental requirements, test, and definition and documentation.
- Active Secret
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an Engineering Discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience with at least two of these years in a systems engineering or program manager role
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Expert interpersonal skills when working as part of a team and capable of working independently when required
- Computer Science or Engineering Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Discipline
- Previous engineering experience working on Naval efforts
- Experience in development/documentation of system/subsystems in a modeling tool using SysML
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.