The Defense Group at Leidos has an immediate career opportunity for a Senior Program Finance Analyst to provide program finance support in one of the following locations: Peachtree Corners, VA, Chantilly, VA; Abingdon, MD; Telework Potential for the right candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter to support of our Varec subsidiary; supporting both government and commercial contracts in a gross margin accounting environment. The ability to bring existing Leidos toolset and policy knowledge to the Varec team is a critical requirement for success. The capability to quickly learn a new financial system using an offline/non-Costpoint ledger is also critical for success. Demonstrated ability to support both Leidos and Varec Offline financial requests is key.
The Program Finance Analyst is responsible for planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting on projects of various contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk.
In addition, this opportunity has significant interface with the Portfolio Manager, Project Managers, Contracts, Project Accounting, as well as other organizations. In this role you will be a key member of the program team and work directly with the program manager and portfolio manager to help define the program's goals and objectives; create and maintain a program's budget and schedule, EAC, analyze progress reported against the program baseline; identify risks and opportunities against the program baseline; and recommend actions to improve progress to achieve flawless program execution including supporting IPR requirements. In addition this role will prepare and present financial forecasts, reports and analysis as well as participate in new business proposals and also prepare on-contract proposals for customers. This role will also serve as liaisons between the Program Team and cross-functional departments to perform financial research, manage a program’s general ledger, and/or monitor a program’s cash flow.
- Program life-cycle activities such as project setup/ maintenance, invoicing support, accruals, financial projections, and month end close.
- Development and maintenance of Estimates at Completion (EAC)s in offline and Fusion environment
- Managing subcontractor hours and costs and assessing funding needs
- Implementation of financial policies and procedures in support of projects.
- Significant interaction with the Finance Manager, Program Manager, and may involve interaction with Ops/Line Management, Finance personnel, Contracts personnel, Procurement, senior technical personnel, and various other functional or support organizations.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and contributes through statistical reporting, analysis, estimates, and auditing.
- Supports the preparation of written, verbal, and quantitative reports for customer deliverables providing thorough walk through of invoices
- Development of program annual operating plans (AOP) and Quarterly Forecasts.
- Reporting and variance analysis to include Revenue, Profit, Cash, Backlog, Risk and Opportunities.
- Participation in proposals through cost modeling, pricing support, and providing input into cost volumes.
- Requires a BA degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Program Finance Field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments
- Basic knowledge of multiple contract types: CPAF, CPFF, FFP, T&M
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly strong in MS Excel.
- The successful candidate will have strong analytical, communication, and presentations skills, and the ability to operate independently
- Knowledge of Leidos Financial Systems
- Knowledge of Gross Margin/Commercial Accounting
- Experience with Accounting System Merger/Conversions
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.