Leidos’ Payroll services team is seeking a customer service oriented Senior Payroll Compliance Specialist in Reston, VA. This position will be responsible for providing support related to payroll processing, tax support, audit requests, status reporting, special projects, and other duties as assigned. This role reports to the Director of US Payroll.
- Review, audit and balancing of all time card and payroll-related input to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and benefits, compliant with federal & state regulations
- Participate in coordination of system changes and required user acceptance testing activities to bring about desired results including the development of testing methodology, test scripts, validation processes, and final user sign-off criteria
- Liaison between Payroll Operations and Payroll Systems and Solutions
- Support Garnishment Compliance
- All Unemployment claim requests for information from internal business partners
- Documents payroll processes and procedures; may train payroll department staff. May back up those who perform specialized tasks or activities such as stock option exercises, ESPP Refunds, etc.
- Verifying request for wage moves (checking home/work locations) before they are submitted.
- Audit payroll processing to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Audit Lead for DCAA and external audit data requests
- Assist with QTR/YE Audits and other one off audits that arise.
- Tax Support including employee escalations, agency research, and other support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- At least 7+ years of payroll/electronic time keeping system experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Excel required
- Knowledge of various payroll systems
- Experience with ADP and/or Ultipro payroll system
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.