No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos is seeks a dynamic, high-performing technical contributor/ team lead for one of our Incident Response teams in the MD/DC area. Leidos leaders lead differently. Leidos employees embody the Leidos values of integrity, inclusion, innovation, agility, collaboration, and commitment. As an effective team member, you will work collaboratively to evaluate and redefine cyber operations roles and capabilities of the current team. You are empowered and encouraged to identify process improvements, both incremental and transformational, to evolve the current incident response team into a cyber security powerhouse.
IR daily activities/Candidate Daily Responsibilities:
- Direct team investigation priorities and act as investigative SME for team members, especially for high profile incidents
- Work collaboratively with IR Manager
- Respond to cyber incidents, including responding to IR phone calls and emails, and preparing situational awareness reports for government customer, its bureaus, and/or federal management.
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by SOC analysts.
- Investigate phishing and self-identified potential cyber threats.
- Work with federal users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents.
- Track incident managements thoroughly and communicate with end users and senior CIO officials effectively.
- Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and reduction of false positives. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity.
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types.
- Able to articulate the incident response lifecycle.
Features of the candidate/job:
- Inquisitive, problem-solving oriented
- Not 24x7 shifts, but it does cover 7am-7pm between DC and WV locations. On-call rotation for SOC escalation as needed for night/weekends (coordinated with manager each month for the on-call schedule).
- Must be US Citizen. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or TS/SCI.
- 3+ years specifically within security operations center performing SOC/IR experience.
- Experience with multiple types of attack types and attack vectors.
- Experienced incident handler, including managing and remediating high-profile incident cases with past customers/constituents.
- Experience tracking incidents against a framework such as MITRE ATT&CK or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Must have 1/more of: CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler; Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker (ECC); GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF); ISC2 CISSP
- Forensic investigation and malware analysis experience/exposure.
- Experience with multiple vendor technologies, such as RSA Archer, FireEye suite of products, one or more SIEM technologies, Splunk or similar logging technology.
Candidate Preferred Qualifications:
- Splunk log analysis, Spunk Fundamentals or related training
- Typically requires Bachelors and 8-12 years of relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.