The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Voice Engineer Master/Lead at MacDill AFB, FL.
Supports the Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE), providing Tier III design, implementation, troubleshooting and architecture support of VOIP solutions for an enterprise network. Support will be provided Monday–Friday, 8 hours, between the core hours of 0630-1730. Rotating on-call support will be provided after-hours. Contractor will support alternate duty location during COOP. This is a mission essential position.
- Apply VoIP protocols, VoIP codec , session boarder controller (SBC), and Unified Computing System (UCS) to meet security, performance, operational, and functional requirements on an enterprise network.
- Ensure proper routing protocols are being applied to optimize end-to-end network performance.
- Assists the government with identifying any derived design objectives, technical specifications, performance requirements, and interoperability specifications to ensure the system design will meet stakeholder end-to-end requirements.
- Develop, review, and update briefings, papers, or spreadsheets in support of this task.
- Ensure the system design adheres to industry standards, DOD standards, DOD policies, DOD instructions, DOD directives, cybersecurity policies, and best commercial practices.
- Plan and coordinate internal and external working groups with JCSE stakeholders to support the engineering process.
- Attend modernization program reviews and document comments, needs, and gaps from the JCSE stakeholders.
- Develop briefings and support conducting a Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR) on new or emerging capability solutions, as directed by the government.
- Support the Program/Project manager, J6 Director, and Innovation Office with management and technical synchronization of cost, schedule, and performance associated with the technical solutions being proposed or procured to meet stakeholder requirements.
- Support the synchronization of efforts associated with technical refresh, modernization, or innovation on the enterprise infrastructure across all aspects of the Element (acquisition, planning, systems engineering, installation, test, training, and other areas related to cost, schedule, and performance).
- Assist with developing, updating and maintaining JCSE engineering documents. Develop presentations to stakeholders articulating the gaps, requirements, objectives, functional and solution architecture. The contractor shall also develop, review, and update briefings, papers, and/or spreadsheets to meet JCSE requirements.
- CCNP Collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 yrs. of relevant experience or Masters degree with 6-10 yrs of prior relevant experience; Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification.
- Minimum Top Secret clearance with SCI
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.