Leidos is seeking an experienced attorney to join the Leidos legal team at the company’s global headquarters in Reston, VA.
The position of Assistant General Counsel – Securities, Governance & Transactions requires an attorney experienced in corporate and securities law and the legal aspects of transactions involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other matters. The position will report directly to the SVP, Deputy General Counsel and Corporate Secretary and work closely with various members of the legal, corporate development, accounting and finance departments.
- Advise on securities law and general corporate law matters.
- Handle the legal aspects of SEC reporting, including registration statements, proxy statements, reports on Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K.
- Review and provide input on press releases and other public disclosures.
- Oversee Section 16 reporting.
- Assist in corporate governance and board matters, including preparation of board materials, minutes and updates to corporate charters and policies.
- Assist in M&A, divestitures and other strategic transactions, including negotiating and drafting definitive agreements and related documents, with ability to assume the lead role managing the legal aspects M&A transactions in coordination with external counsel.
- Interact with other attorneys and clients in a broad range of legal counseling activities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed in this role. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
- A Juris Doctorate with strong academic credentials and applicable bar membership and 12 years of overall professional experience.
- Prior experience should include 5+ years of corporate, securities, and transactional experience at a nationally-recognized law firm.
- Significant experience in SEC matters and understanding of securities regulations.
- Broad background in corporate law and corporate governance matters.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent business judgment and the ability to work well in a collegial, team-oriented environment.
- Able to handle complex matters, across multiple simultaneous initiatives that require discretion, confidentiality, and prioritization.
- Prior in-house experience at a publicly-traded corporation is a plus.
- Experience managing non-U.S. legal entities and branch registrations in multiple jurisdictions is a plus.
Key Attributes for Success in this Role:
- High initiative, flexibility, proactive approach and strong follow up skills. Responsive and thorough.
- Outstanding business acumen, legal reasoning and analysis, and strategic thinking ability.
- Demonstrated skills in client management and ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism, integrity and collegiality.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters.
- Self-motivated and ability to complete matters without extensive supervision.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.