The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opening for a NetOps Engineer Journeyman at MacDill AFB, FL.
Supports the Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE), Joint Network Operations Center (JNOC) providing Tier II support for routing and switching, configuring and troubleshooting IGP [ex. RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS], EGP [ex. eBGP], and MPLS on an enterprise network. Ensures proper routing configurations are applied in accordance with the enterprise network baseline for supporting the LAN, WAN, CAN, SAN, and data center.
- Provide monitoring, incident management, problem resolution, control, troubleshooting, and reporting on the enterprise infrastructure.
- Provide input or updates as requested/required by JCSE in developing operational configuration manuals and other operational documentation in support of Headquarters, JNOC and deployed package operations.
- Assist in developing TTPs/SOP documentation to support JNOC daily operations. Document lessons learned that will be part of JNOC repository to aide with future mission support or troubleshooting.
- Maintain Master Station Log (MSL) and ticketing systems to include knowledge management, documenting mission support and troubleshooting on the enterprise network.
- Within 24 hour notice, be prepared to maintain 24x7x365 Tier 2 support functions during Continuity of Operations (COOP) requiring JNOC responsibilities to be relocated within CONUS or OCONUS. Provide input into the COOP plan to ensure operational success within the government’s defined limitation/constraints.
- Participate in the Watch Officer shift change. Provide amplifying details on actions taken during previous shift, as well as, on-going actions, and actions that are scheduled to take place during the on-coming watch.
- Immediately report all outages impacting a customer more than 15 minutes to the Watch Officer.
- Perform NetOps functions IAW operational mission priorities as defined by operational mission package or government specified priority. If conflicting priorities exist the government specified priority takes precedence. Escalate any unresolved incidents or troubleshooting efforts exceeding two hours to the Watch Officer for potential Tier 3 support. Immediately report any related Commander’s Critical Information Requirements (CCIR) or Serious Incident Report (SIR) related to the managed enterprise to the Watch Officer.
- CCNA Routing & Switching
- High School diploma and 5+ yrs of relevant experience.
- DoD 8570, IAT Level II (SEC+ or equivalent) Certification.
- Minimum Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.