The Defense Group’s High Resolution ISR Systems Division has an opening for a systems engineer to support the HR3DGI program in our Alexandria, Virginia office. The System Engineer manages the functionality and efficiency of training, processing, and storage systems. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will include engineering activities related to installation, implementation, operations, and maintenance of hardware and software associated with servers, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and associated communications in accordance with the Configuration Management Plan.
- Setup service accounts, maintaining system documentation, turning system performance, installing system-wide software and hardware, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Manager hardware repair, RMAs, baseline imaging, NAS support, and peripherals.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products, troubleshooting hardware/software issues, assist with the development of the Configuration Management Plan and the System Maintenance Plans.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- As required, assist in the development of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Administer document repository.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related experience in engineering, computer science, or a related technical discipline, or Master's degree and 1+ years of related experience in engineering, computer science, or a related technical discipline. Additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- At least three (3) years of experience providing or supporting installation, maintenance, and administration of system software in either a mainframe, client-server, and/or web-based environment (e.g., system administration of UNIX systems, Microsoft Windows, web servers, cloud environments, etc.) is required. Experience with CHS preferred.
- Must demonstrate good communication skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance, which requires US citizenship.
- Experience with Leidos’ securing for success and corporate IT infrastructure.
- Manage cloud environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.