The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for an experienced Command and Control (C2) Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead in the Colorado Springs, Colorado area.
Leidos is seeking a Command and Control (C2) Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead who will support successful program outcomes for the Space and Missile Systems Center / Ground Based Space Surveillance Division (SMC/SYG) Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capabilities (MOSSAIC) contract. The MOSSAIC contract provides depot-level sustainment and modernization of multiple ground-based space situational awareness (SSA) radars and optical telescopes located in the US and overseas, system/software development and integration labs, and SSA and Space Battle Management C2 centers and systems. The program provides life cycle product support; hardware and software engineering, development and test to modernize and sustain existing and evolving systems; and on-site operations and maintenance (O&M) support for the C2 systems and capabilities.
The C2 IPT Lead (C2IL) will be responsible for life cycle sustainment and modification of MOSSAIC C2 systems and on-site peculiar C2 system O&M support. Current SSA C2 and Space BMC2 systems are the Distributed Space Command and Control system – Dahlgren (DSC2-D) at Dahlgren, VA, and the National Space Defense Center (NSDC) at Schriever Air Force Base (AFB), CO. DSC2-D includes several tools and systems geographically separated from DSC2-D that are also within the MOSSAIC scope of services. C2 capabilities (normally applications) are continuously being developed for the NSDC and these will also be supported from a Product Support Integrator perspective, and be sustained and/or modified under MOSSAIC. This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.
- Serve as the primary Leidos point of contact with external and internal stakeholders for MOSSAIC C2 systems, capabilities, sustainment services, peculiar O&M support and modification projects.
- Chair weekly C2 IPT meetings with SMC/SYGA.
- Coordinate delivery of all MOSSAIC support to C2 systems.
- Supervise teams of engineering, logistics and support personnel, working closely with both US Air Force Government personnel and associated contractors, to assess, maintain and enhance the mission readiness and effectiveness of MOSSAIC C2 Systems and capabilities.
- Serve as the primary individual interfacing on a daily basis with the government counterpart in Space C2 Systems (SMC/SYGA) and system end users to understand user needs and system issues.
- Ensure that all C2 systems and capabilities achieve the specified level of operational availability and mission performance.
- Ensure timely and effective on-site C2 system O&M support.
- Assist in annual budget planning and proposal development for C2 system modifications.
- Ensure that all required product support actions are adequately planned and that all sustainment services, modification projects, and on-site O&M support execute within scope, time, and budget constraints.
- Manage multiple teams led by subordinate managers and/or supervisors, including subcontractor personnel.
- Interface with the Chief Engineer to develop opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related field with 12+ years of relevant experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience sustaining and modernizing US Air Force C2 centers, systems and capabilities.
- Experience managing a portfolio of geographically dispersed systems.
- Experience managing cost, schedule and scope of medium to large sized projects.
- Experience managing medium to large project teams.
- Experience preparing and presenting technical analyses and briefings to company management, customers, and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK.
- Active DoD Top Secret (TS) clearance; ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, or related field.
- Air Force SSA C2 Center and/or Space BMC2 Center experience.
- PMI PMP or DAWIA Level III Certification in Program Management.
- Experience in Earned Value Management.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.