We are seeking qualified candidates for Warehouse Support for multiple openings supporting our government customer in their state of the art facility in St. Louis, MO. Let us know you are interested in knowing more and our Talent Acquisition team will connect you with your PERFECT position. APPLY TODAY to learn more Leidos opportunities.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
As a member for the Rapid Application Assessment Team (RAAT), the technicians will analyze software requests from customer to validate correct information and route to the appropriate team. The technician will communicate with the customer to verify and validate the request, then coordinate this information with the appropriate internal and external teams as required. The technician can expect to manage 15 – 30 change requests a day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
• Ability to learn new tools and processes.
• Ability to communicate with customer in a professional and prompt manner.
• Maintain records of daily activities.
• Participate in technical exchanges as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Systems administration of desktop and VDI systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT Systems
• Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/storage/network devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
• Installs/loads operating system and application software
• Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
• Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
• Execution of on-site, on the floor, technical and system administration support
• Support requirements for managing installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows workstations, including, network attached storage devices, and stored data in support of business processing requirements
• Perform software installations and upgrades to Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements; evaluation and installation of software/hardware patches and resolution of software related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products
• Assist with achieving optimum performance and availability standards through implementing appropriate technical solutions.
• Attend meetings weekly and provide weekly status reports.
• Resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software, and hardware, diagnosis of network issues, and addressing trouble tickets and service tasks across all tiered levels.
• Attend Authorized Outage, Firewall Change Request, and Root Cause Analysis Boards as required
• Create and follow procedures to maintain and manage multiple linked databases including security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and bulk data import/exports.
• Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
• Communicate/coordinate scheduled preventive maintenance windows with potentially impacted customers
• Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans
• Ensure systems are secure to STIG guidelines by utilizing tools such as Retina and HBSS
• Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools
• May serve in a supervisory capacity
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned
• Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation
• UNIX, Windows, and/or Storage administration
o Experience working with trouble reporting and tracking systems such as REMEDY
o Experience supporting the IC/DOD
o Experience in the imagery intelligence domain a plus
• CompTIA Security+ or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent within 90 days of hire
• TS/SCI required; with ability to pass CI polygraph.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have excellent attention to detail
• Must be a self starter.
• Familiarity with application packaging or application deployment processes are preferred.
• Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, and Solaris systems
• Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities is required.
• Must possess strong problem solving and fault isolation skill sets
• Knowledge of the Customer’s processes and procedures and of the Customer’s production systems a plus
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to function as a team member and independently
• Ability to lift or move various pieces of computer equipment, (max 40 pounds).
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• General knowledge of database administration, network administration and possess network configuration management skills.
• The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to cold or hot conditions. loud noise.
Work Experience & Education:
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.