The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for an experienced Life Cycle Support Lead in the Colorado Springs, Colorado area.
Leidos is seeking a Life Cycle Support Lead who will support successful program outcomes for the Space and Missile Systems Center / Ground Based Space Surveillance Division (SMC/SYG) Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capabilities (MOSSAIC) contract. The MOSSAIC contract provides depot-level sustainment and modernization of multiple ground-based space situational awareness (SSA) radars and optical telescopes located in the US and overseas, system/software development and integration labs, and SSA and Space Battle Management Command and Control (C2) centers and systems. The program provides life cycle product support; and hardware and software engineering, development and test to modernize and sustain existing and evolving systems.
As the Product Support Integrator (PSI) for all current and future MOSSAIC systems, the Life Cycle Support Lead (LCSL) will be responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing an integrated support plan and associated logistics processes which implement the 12 elements of integrated product support. This plan and processes will provide full life cycle sustainment support of all MOSSAIC systems, including the fielding of upgrades and new systems. LCSL responsibilities include supervising teams of logisticians, engineers and support personnel, working closely with US Air Force Government leaders and technical staff, to assess, maintain and enhance the mission readiness and effectiveness of SSA radar, optical and C2 systems, and associated support equipment and software. The LCSL will ensure that all systems achieve the specified level of operational availability and effectiveness (as attributable to depot-level maintenance), and that the fielding and implementation of new hardware and software does not degrade system readiness and effectiveness. This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.
- Develop, maintain and implement an Integrated Support Plan for the MOSSAIC portfolio of systems and capabilities; and chair quarterly Supply Support Integrated Product Team meetings for each system.
- Oversee the development and delivery of life cycle support products and processes (e.g., new and/or updated technical data/orders; operator, maintainer and system administrator training; level of repair analyses; sparing analyses and initial spares; peculiar support equipment; and supply support) for all system sustainment and modification projects.
- Monitor MOSSAIC weapon system readiness and effectiveness metrics, identify anomalies and/or adverse trends; implement or recommend corrective actions; and document metrics and all findings and recommendations in semi-annual sustainability analysis reports for each system.
- Oversee diminishing manufacturing sources and material shortages (DMSMS) efforts to identify and resolve supportability issues before they adversely impact operational capability, and document all findings and recommendations in quarterly supply supportability analysis reports for each system.
- Oversee the operation of the MOSSAIC-Inventory Control Point so that site demands are met with no MICAPs (mission impaired capability awaiting parts).
- Oversee the execution of assigned Technical Order Management Agency responsibilities and activities.
- Oversee the development and implementation of annual planned depot maintenance at the operational sites.
- Ensure response to unplanned emergency and urgent maintenance requests are conducted per Government timelines and procedures.
- Plan, execute, monitor and control personnel and financial resources.
- Manage multiple teams led by subordinate managers and/or supervisors, including subcontractor personnel.
- Interface with the SYG IPTs and system end users to understand user needs and system issues.
- Provide recommendations to lower system and portfolio Life Cycle Costs, and implement.
- Interface with the Chief Engineer to develop opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement.
- Interface with senior Government personnel, technical and non-technical staff, subcontractors, and support personnel.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, or related field with 12+ years of relevant logistics planning and execution experience, or Master's degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience managing life cycle product support and the logistics tail for ground based radar and optical sensors and/or C2 systems, or similar.
- Experience providing life-cycle support for a portfolio of geographically dispersed systems.
- Experience managing a medium to large logistics department that delivers on-going product support as well as matrix support to modification projects and integrated product teams.
- Experience managing cost and schedule of medium to large sized projects.
- Experience preparing and presenting technical analyses and briefings to company management, customers, and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK.
- Active DoD Top Secret (TS) clearance; ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, or related field.
- Prior Air Force Space Situational Awareness life cycle logistics management experience.
- Experience supporting a geographically and internationally-distributed logistics program.
- DAWIA Level III certification in Life Cycle Logistics.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.