The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for an experienced Hardware and/or Software Version Release Lead Engineer in the Colorado Springs, Colorado area.
Leidos is seeking a Version Release Lead Engineer who will support successful program outcomes for the Space and Missile Systems Center / Ground Based Space Surveillance Division (SMC/SYG) Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capabilities (MOSSAIC) contract. The MOSSAIC contract provides depot-level sustainment and modernization of multiple ground-based space situational awareness (SSA) radars and optical telescopes located in the US and overseas, software development and integration labs, and SSA Command and Control and Space Battle Management Command and Control centers and systems. The program provides hardware and software engineering and development to modernize and sustain existing and evolving systems.
The Version Release Lead Engineer (VRE) will apply an enterprise-wide set of disciplines for version release planning, analysis, functional description and decomposition, hardware/software design, interface definition, COTS integration, testing and implementation. The VRE will also create and/or maintain system applications, communications software, database packages, support tools, and specialized numerical packages, which will function within equipment limitations, operating time and form. Applications range from 2nd to 4th generation software, covering but not limited to communications, numerical, real time, signal processing, and statistical applications, and includes both higher-level languages and assembly code run on a variety of legacy/state-of-the-art platforms. This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.
- Manage, provide technical direction, and oversee a diverse set of software and hardware engineering and development personnel and support staff (20-50 personnel) using a hybrid waterfall and Scaled Agile Framework development process
- Schedule and manage multiple concurrent hardware/software version releases, using an Agile cadence, with hardware/software requirements composed of a diverse mix of code types and applications, including modern and some older languages, such as Ada and FORTRAN
- Develop, test, deploy and qualify rapid critical fixes with response times ranging from hours to not more than 2 weeks
- Coordinate development of life cycle support products and processes (i.e., training, Technical Order change pages, spares, supply support) for each version release as applicable
- Design hardware/software test plans that include ensuring backward compatibility with residual legacy hardware/software systems
- Support long term hardware/software planning for upgrade paths that extend to a multiyear planning horizon
- Manage and provide oversight of hardware, software and network planning, engineering and development, and component testing
- Develop, modify, and apply computer modeling and programming applications to analyze and solve mathematical and scientific problems affecting system and/or program performance
- Participate in all project phases such as research, requirements development, design, code development, testing/debugging, modeling, simulating, training, and documentation
- Address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms usage
- Provide Modifications for MOSSAIC systems as directed by the government
- Provide SVRs for MOSSAIC systems as directed by the government
- Support the following MOSSAIC formal meetings as required for each version release
- Integrated Baseline Review
- System Requirements Review
- Preliminary Design Review
- Critical Design Review
- Site Deployment Readiness Review
- Test Readiness Review
- Trial Period Review Panel
- Certification Readiness Review Board
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science; Computer Engineering; Information Technology; or other hard science/mathematics & 14 years relevant experience, or Advanced degree and 12 years of relevant experience
- Experience managing Agile development teams, to include planning and execution
- Possess a current Agile Scrum Master certification
- Possess a working knowledge of system administration functions when working on higher-level systems
- Experience managing cost and schedule of medium to large sized projects.
- Experience managing medium to large sized project teams.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute technical plans and deliverable items
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK.
- Active DoD TS clearance; ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, or other hard science/ mathematics discipline
- Prior experience as a Version Release Lead Engineer or similar position on a major program
- Prior Air Force Space Command, Space and Missile Systems Center experience
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner or equivalent
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.