The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for an experienced Systems Engineering Integration and Test Lead Engineer in the Colorado Springs, Colorado area.
Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineering Integration and Test Lead Engineer who will support successful program outcomes for the Space and Missile Systems Center / Ground Based Space Surveillance Division (SMC/SYG) Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capabilities (MOSSAIC) contract. The MOSSAIC contract provides depot-level sustainment and modernization of multiple ground-based space situational awareness (SSA) radars and optical telescopes located in the US and overseas, system/software development and integration labs, and SSA Command and Control and Space Battle Management Command and Control centers and systems. The program provides hardware and software engineering, development and test to modernize and sustain existing and evolving systems.
The Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEI&T) Lead Engineer works with the Portfolio Systems Lead Engineer to deliver the SE and Test activities necessary to support rapid modifications to SSA capabilities, command and control systems and the Battle Management needed to meet emerging operational demands. The SEI&T Lead Engineer requires an intimate knowledge of SMC/SYG existing systems and their capabilities as well as their current and predicted operational environment. The SEI&T Lead Engineer will provide management, technical direction, and oversight of systems engineering, specialty engineering, configuration/data management, risk management, test design, and implementation activities. Requires an in-depth understanding of systems engineering technical principles, processes, practices, artifacts and their application, and the ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally and customer) regarding matters of significant importance to the MOSSAIC program. This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.
- Manage and provide technical direction, and oversight of systems engineering, specialty engineering, configuration/data management, risk management, test design, and implementation activities.
- Direct and manage execution of MOSSAIC systems engineering processes
- Oversee development and application of complex research and analysis techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and difficult technical and analytical requirements and problems requiring the expert application of advanced knowledge
- Provide analysis related to the design, development, and integration of MOSSAIC hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated solution
- Assist with MOSSAIC concept studies and analyses, performing cost/cost-performance trade-off analyses and feasibility analyses, and evaluating technology, conceptual designs and regulatory compliance
- Evaluate alternative technical approaches and their associated costs
- Direct overall MOSSAIC system level engineering and testing efforts and oversee the development of system test requirements, strategies, devices, and systems
- Direct and approve the development, delivery, maintenance, update, and implementation of the following MOSSAIC plans:
- Systems Engineering Management Plan
- Risk Management Plan
- Continuous Requirements analysis and prototyping Process
- Internal Requirements Development and Management Process
- Data Management Plan
- Configuration Management Plan
- Annual Work Plan
- Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health Compliance Process and System Safety Plan
- Test and Evaluation Process
- Detailed test plans, procedures, and reports for each Software Version Release and system modification
- Annual Master Test Plan (MTP) for each system.
- Develop and deliver operational site downtime requests and support government meetings to ensure proper allocation and duration of requested downtime
- Update hardware and software specifications, drawings, interface documents, and interconnection documents and conduct physical and functional configuration audits, as required, to update the baseline.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other hard science/mathematics & 14 years of relevant systems engineering and test experience, or Advanced degree and 12 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience as a Systems Engineering Lead, Engineering Test Lead, SEI&T Lead, or similar position
- Knowledge of the systems and technologies that support the Air Force’s ground-based SSA mission
- Prior portfolio management experience, requiring the development of integrated systems engineering and test plans, based on reviewed trade studies, analyses of alternatives, or similar technical studies
- Demonstrated mastery of systems engineering processes and practices
- Demonstrated capability, across multiple programs, to take technology from concept to implementation
- Experience in managing a technical staff of 20-30 with widely diverse skill sets
- Experience in developing and executing test plans and events for HW, SW qualification as well as operational test team support and planning
- Experience managing cost and schedule of small to medium sized projects.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute technical plans and deliverable items
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Active DoD TS clearance; ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, or related field
- Prior experience as a Systems Engineering Lead, Engineering Test Lead, SEI&T Lead, or similar position on a major Air Force program
- Prior Air Force Space Command, Space and Missile Systems Center experience
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner or equivalent
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional Certification (E/CSEP)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.