Leidos is seeking a Deputy Program Manager who will directly support the Program Manager in achieving successful program outcomes for the Space and Missile Systems Center / Ground Based Space Surveillance Division (SMC/SYG) Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capabilities (MOSSAIC) contract. The MOSSAIC contract provides depot-level sustainment and modernization of multiple space situational awareness radars, optical telescopes in the US and overseas, software development and integration labs, and support to Command and Control/Battle Management Command and Control centers and systems. The program provides hardware and software engineering and development to modernize and sustain existing and evolving systems.
As the Deputy Program Manager, you will directly supports the Program Manager (PM) in achieving MOSSAIC program objectives, and serves as the Acting Program Manager in the absence of the PM. The DPM has program-wide responsibility with day-to-day focus on program support operations, including: contract, subcontract, finance, security, staffing and procurement support. The DPM will monitor and manage MOSSAIC program performance, risk, cost and schedule; detect and alert the PM of any material negative deviations; and develop/implement recovery plans as needed. The DPM manages the submission and quality review of all deliverables, and the submission of frequent and rapid-turnaround contract modification proposals (technical and cost). This position is contingent upon contract award to Leidos.
- Support the PM's efforts to maintain a positive organizational climate with the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Plan, execute, monitor and control personnel and financial resources.
- Ensure that all required actions are adequately planned and that all projects and tasks under the contract run within scope, time, and budget constraints.
- Manage multiple teams led by subordinate managers and/or supervisors, including subcontractor personnel.
- Provide oversight of earned value management actions; ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Primary person responsible for developing program status reports.
- Interface with senior Government personnel, technical and non-technical staff, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Support process improvement and innovation.
- Ensure compliance with export control and international travel requirements for all international travel.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, business, or related field with 8+ years of relevant management experience or Master's degree with 6+ years of relevant management experience.
- Superior understanding of Department of Defense (DoD) Planning, Programming, and Budgeting System and proven ability in fiscal and business management.
- 4 years of recent experience as a contractor program/project manager on large (over $150M total value) DoD programs encompassing multiple geographically dispersed locations.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization and meeting with stakeholders to formulate, review, and execute task plans and deliverable items.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK.
- PMI PMP Certification or DAWIA Level III in Program Management.
- Active DoD TS clearance; ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, business, or related field.
- Prior Air Force Space Command, Space and Missile Systems Center experience or experience with the Space Surveillance mission area.
- Experience in Earned Value Management.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.